Tamar Canoe Club is trialling a new junior paddling program called Paddle Power. The program was developed in the UK and is currently being run by Canoe Victoria and the Derwent Canoe Club with great success. The program is targeted at 8 – 14 year olds initially, with the potential to expand to adult beginners in the future. We would like to encourage any club members who have kids, to get them involved in a structured paddling program. The program is focused on having fun whilst learning a range of paddling skills.
The program will run over summer beginning with a come and try day followed by a program that runs regularly over a number of weeks. Details are below.
- Paddle Start Program (come and try day) – Sunday Dec 7th
- 10am to 11.30am
- Trevallyn Dam (Aquatic Point lower car park near the surf club)
- Sign up day for regular program
- Organise gear for regular program
- Paddle Power Passport Program
- Tuesday Dec 9th 4.30 – 5.30pm (pool session Launceston College)
- Sunday Dec 14th ( possibility of combining with DCC Forth weekend)
- Sunday Feb 8th 10am
- Tuesday Feb 10th 4.30pm
- Sunday Feb 15th 10am
- Tuesday Feb 17th 4.30pm
- Sunday Feb 22nd 10am
- Tuesday Feb 24th 4.30pm
- Sunday Mar 1st 10am
- Sunday Mar 15th 10am
For more information give Simon a call or send Simon an email.
0417 633 414