Executive Meeting Minutes
Tuesday 6 December 2011
P.O. Box 266 Launceston 7250
1. Open Executive Meeting:
The meeting was opened at 7:50 pm.
John McCausland, Pete Sebbage, Jonathan Knox, Simon Barnes, Claye Mace, Gavin Bye
4. Minutes of last meeting:
The minutes of the previous meeting were read and confirmed as being a true and accurate record of that meeting.
Moved: Claye Mace
Seconded: John McCausland
5. Business arising from previous minutes:
- Play Wave Committee has been active. Had site visits to Hadspen, Longford, Perth, Gorge but not a lot of scope for anything close to town. Still to look at Poatina and Meander. Investigate for Australian Sports Foundation grant to do a feasibility study.
- Tamar Tigers: still ticking along.
6. Correspondence In:
E-mail from NZ Slalom to borrow trailer.
7. Correspondence Out:
8. Treasurer’s Report:
The Treasurer’s report was accepted.
Moved: John McCausland
Seconded: Jonathan Knox
9. Bosun/Hire Report:
Location of boats will be swapped, with creek boats now being kept at Jon Knox’s and Incepts at Pete Sebbage’s.
Trailer and excess gear needs to be looked at.
Canoe Polo gear has been loaned to Tasmanian Canoe Club.
10. Canoe Polo Report:
11. General Business:
- Claye met with Forestry Tas. BLD grant approved for next year despite Forestry pulling back on donations.
- Club paddle accidentally broken at Merry Mersey Madness weekened, will fix if we can, otherwise write off.
12. Close Club Executive Meeting:
The Executive Meeting was closed at 8:30 pm.
13. Time and Location of next Executive and General Meeting:
Next social meeting – first Tuesday in February at 8:00 pm. Venue – Cock & Bull Pub
Next Executive Meeting – first Tuesday in March at 7:30 pm (Executive), 8:00 pm (General). Venue – Cock & Bull Pub