Executive Meeting Minutes
Tuesday 4 August 2009
P.O. Box 266 Launceston 7250
John McCausland (Commodore), Peter Marthick, Gavin Bye, Peter Lee, Claye Mace
3. Minutes of last meeting:
The minutes of the previous meeting were read and confirmed as being a true and accurate record of that meeting.
Moved: Gavin Bye
Seconded: John McCausland
4. Business arising from previous minutes:
- Ben Lomond Descent: 2009 event had 71 competitors, which was down on previous years but could be due to the inclement weather. Thanks to all volunteers. Claye Mace tabled a report.
- Canoe Polo: $1,600 will be needed for each set of gear. Dave Chiam is in ongoing talks with associated parties/committees.
The Club has six boats already, so it will take $10,000-$12,000 to set up fully, and will start with a ‘simplified’ set up to reduce costs and financial risk. The Club will be happy to fund to agree if there is enough demonstrated interest.
- Australian Canoe Website: John McCausland is keen to put more details on the website. He has requested Andrea McQuitty to provide training.
- Meeting Venue: Search is still ongoing for a new location.
5. Correspondence In:
6. Correspondence Out:
Ben Lomond reports to Forestry Tas and other sponsors.
7. Treasurer’s Report:
Gavin Bye is waiting on Ben Lomond Descent expenses and receipts in order to complete the July report.
No other substantial receipts or expenses.
8. Bosun/Hire Report:
No action for hire boats except for Club events.
9. General Business:
John McCausland to organise special rolling training, probably Tuesday nights. Dates to be determined.
10. Trip Reports:
- Echo Valley – paddled dam spilling
- North Esk – Ben Lomond Descent clean up
- North Esk – Dave Chiam, Gavin Bye, Jonathan Knox, Eion Knox 1.1 m, broken paddle on First Drop
- Lower Mersey – Peter Marthick, Claye Mace, Jonathan Knox and Gavin Bye. Put in at Lobster Rivulet
11. Upcoming Trips:
- Most weekends – Mersey River
- 22/23 August – Lower Mersey. Contact: Jonathan Knox
- November long weekend – Maria Island sea kayaking trip. Contact: John McCausland
- 17 October – NW coast, Rocky Cape, Wynyard – beginners sea kayak trip. Contact: Pete Sebbage
- A weekend in September/October – East Coast Classic and shack warming. Contact: Andy Bell
12. Next meeting:
Social meeting, Tuesday 1 September, 8:00 pm
Cock & Bull pub, Wellington Street